Nearly half of the 19 million visitors that come to Austin each year are moving to Austin, considering on moving to Austin or would one day like to move to Austin. And why not? Austin continually ranks high in competitions with other cities- named one of the healthiest, greenest, smartest...
- Austin ranks #7 on the list of America’s Top Tech Centers, according to American Cities Business Journals, May 2009.
- Forbes.com loves Austin, including it in it's article "America's Best Cities for the Outdoors," Feb 2009, ranked it 8th place for "Best Places for Business and Careers," March 2009, listed it as one of the best cities for recession recovery , June 2009, and recently named it at the top of their list "America's Best Bargain Cities," May 2009.
- The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Austin as the Number ONE spot in the nation for job growth, June 2009.
- Like to shop or want to open your own store? Pitney Bowes Business Insight named Austin top Retail City, May 2009.
- Feeling green? Austin has been recognized continually for being eco-friendly. Named #1 Environmentally Friendly City by U.S. Private Communities, 2007, and by Popular Science Magazine as on the top ten most green cities in the nation, Feb 2008.