Top 5 Ways to Enjoy Beautiful Lake Travis
- Sail Away – Lake Travis is home to many marinas and boating organizations that organize sailing activities all year long. There are races to enjoy most weekends and weekday evenings during the summer. The annual regattas hosted by the Austin Yacht Club with gorgeous sails on parade are truly a sight to behold. For beginners, there are countless camps and training programs for all ages with boat rental and leasing options available.
- Take a Dive – With its crystal clear waters, Lake Travis attracts divers from all around to marvel at the wildlife and unique geographical formations found deep within. Master Scuba instructors in the area offer training classes and guided dives for beginners and advanced divers alike. Most dive sites reach depths of 50-80 feet.
- Go Fishing – Chock full of bass, bluegills, catfish, drum, sunfish, and trout, Lake Travis is sure to satisfy even the most discriminating anglers. The more than 270 miles of shoreline cradle rock bluffs are ideal for bringing in a big catch. In the spring and fall, the area's peak fishing seasons, it is common to bring in 20-30 bass a day!
- Get Campy – Numerous public parks, maintained by either the Lower Colorado River Authority (LCRA) or Travis County, offer comfortable camping grounds complete with swimming holes, boat ramps, barbecue pits, hiking trails, picnic areas, and restroom facilities. Daily, weekly and season passes are available.
- Get back to Nature – It has been said that Lake Travis and the surrounding area is “God’s Country,” home to picturesque natural landscapes, abundant wildlife and a sunset to write home about. To protect the pristine Texas Hill Country, Nature Parks such as Canyon of the Eagles, Hamilton Pool, West Cave Preserve, and Wild Basin Wilderness Preserve provide nature education programs and guided tours to help visitors fully appreciate native plants, animals, and birds in their element.